Ashly Audio’s promise to “Simplify Integration” continues with Pêma (Protea Equipped Media Amplifier), a unique powered processor. Pêma sets a new industry benchmark for value-engineered zone sound systems. By seamlessly merging Ashly’s powerful, open-architecture DSP functionality with Ashly’s renowned amplifier performance inside a two-rack space unit, Pêma lowers overall system cost, occupies less space, improves energy effiency, and both speeds and simplifies system installation and programming. Four and eight amplifier channel versions are available at both 125 and 250 Watts per channel. Full 96kHz performance is available on 32-bit SHARC processors with utterly transparent audio.
Pêma changes the way consultants and integrators approach sound system design. With only the addition of input sources and output speakers, Pêma is a ‘house-of-worship-in-a-box’ or a ‘restaurant-in-a-box’ or a ‘bar-in-a-box’. Pêma delivers an elegant solution with less cabling, less rack space, and less installation time, using proven DSP and amplifier technology that will awe clients with its simplicity, sophistication, and reliability.
In addition to DSP algorithms such as ambient noise compensation, advanced automatic feedback suppression, automatic mixer, and a full complement of filters, EQs, delays, and the like, Pêma offers DSP control of the amplifier functionality as well: selection of bridge-mode operation, HPF settings for constant voltage system networks, stereo-linking of channel pairs, MIC/LINE/TEL-PAGE functions on channel 1, full control of ducking priorities, and full-range remote-gain control capability.
Pêma I/O count and formats are ideal for small- to mid-sized installations. Each variant has eight balanced input channels that are software selectable for mic or line levels. The first channel may also be set for a transformer isolated, TEL-PBX level. Additionally there are eight pairs of summed-mono RCA connectors optimized for consumer line level devices. Eight preamp auxiliary outputs allow integrators to route signals from the matrix mixer to anywhere the system requires. Both CobraNet and EtherSound digital I/Os are fully supported.
As a member of the respected Protea DSP lineage, Pêma is remarkably easy to program and deploy. All set up is accomplished using standard 10/100 Ethernet protocol and Ashly’s Protea NE Software on a PC platform. Hot-plug DSP placement allows users to insert any function into any channel block, even when running live audio. Automatic DHCP network IP configuration reduces network set up time. Lockable front panel controls and multi-level software security with password access guarantee a tamperproof audio system.
Ashly PEMA8125C Features:
- 4 or 8 channel amplifier – 125 or 250 watts per channel
- Lo-Z, 25V, 70V and 100V models
- 8-in x 8-out sophisticated matrix mixing
- 8 built-in mic pre’s
- Gain sharing automatic microphone mixing (Automixer)
- Automatic feedback suppression
- Ambient noise compensation
- Dedicated telephone/PBX input
- Dual RCA and balanced euroblock inputs
- Post DSP AUX line level outputs
- Stereo summed to mono
- Event scheduling (RTC)
- Adjustable HP/LP filters
- Built-in pink/white noise & sine wave generator
- Extensive signal processing: Full suite of Ashly NE Series DSP
- Hot-plug DSP placement, 96kHz or 48kHz sample rate
- 32-bit SHARC DSP, 24-bit A/D~D/A audio resolution
- 15V phantom power
- Full control using Ashly software over 10/100 baseT Ethernet
- Easy and intuitive user interface
- Automatic DHCP network IP configuration
- Euroblock connectors for preset recall, DC remote level control and datain/out
- External control via Ashly standard wall remotes or Ashly Ethernet wallremotes
- Level control via variable DC control voltage
- Stand-By mode activation via contact closure
- Multi-level Security
- Five year worry-free warranty
- Audio Connections
- 1 Euro connector balanced input, software selectable for Mic, Line orTEL-PBX
- 7 Euro connector balanced inputs, software selectable for Mic or Line
- 8 pairs of unbalanced, summed-mono RCA connectors optimized for consumerline level (-10dBV) devices
- 8 Euro connector Preamp/Aux outputs
- 8 Euro connector amplifier outputs
- Digital I/O