Laser-Powered Brightness, Clarity, and Reliability for Large Venues
From the first time they power on to their final use before being replaced, high intensity discharge lamps (central to lamp-based projectors) steadily lose fifty percent of their initial brightness capability. While this degradation is an accepted aspect of lamp-based systems, brightness decay affects laser projectors to a much lesser degree. Over the course of their 20,000 hour lifetimes, blue laser diodes only diminish by twenty percent, resulting in greater brightness over dramatically longer periods of use. Furthermore, lasers can achieve significantly greater peak brightness levels than HD lamps, often producing twice as many lumens.
HOW IT WORKS
To generate a full spectrum of color, the 3 primary colors have to be created from a single color laser – in this case, a blue laser. This is achieved by using a cluster of blue lasers that shine onto a spinning yellow and green phosphor wheel that also incorporates a clear segment that allows the blue and green light from the lasers to shine through (this is the blue and green primary color). The generated yellow and green light then passes through a color wheel that in turn generates red – the other primary color. After passing through a diffusion window, the colored light is presented to the Digital Micro Mirror chip, the imaging device. The DMD switches at a very high rate and presents the on, colored pixels to the optical lens system for display on the screen or projected surface.
A simple, precise technology that is efficient and generates sharp, and clearly defined images, as only a single chip is required.
MINIMAL REQUIRED MAINTENANCE
Perfect for corporate, education, retail, and government environments, where reliability and low cost of ownership are critical, the lamp-less operation of laser-based projectors grants up to 20,000 hours of sharp, maintenance-free operation. Featuring an instantaneous power-on and off, a sealed optical engine, and an airflow-optimized system layout, the DU8190Z boasts the industry-leading reliability and durability synonymous with Vivitek.
The Vivitek DU8190Z provides the connections necessary for a large venue and many other enviornments: HDMI input, 3G-SDI, HDBaseT, BNC for YPbPr/RGBHV, VGA input for PC and Laptop, S-Video, Composite video, IR input, Rs232c and 12V Trigger for screen automation.
LAN support compatibility of the following applications:
- LAN Control — Cestron Roomview, Connected
- LAN Control — Crestron eControl
- LAN Control to RS232 (RS232 by Telnet)
- Laser phosphor projection engine incorporates a laser design that’s long lasting(20,000 hrs)and environmentally friendly
- 10,000 ANSI lumens*, with a dynamic 10,000:1 contrast ratio, provide amazing image quality that's stable over time
- Built-in ACS (auto color sensor) for color and brightness consistency
- Built-in MPS (multi projector system) hardware for edge blending, flexible geometry and warping functionality
- Powered zoom, focus and lens shift (horizontal/vertical) for easy adjustment and projector position flexibility together with memory system
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) to simultaneously project images/videos from two different sources
- Full suite of display connectivity inputs and outputs including: HDMI v1.4a, DVI-D, Component (5 BNC), VGA-In, 3G-SDI-In/Out, VGA-Out, HDBaseT™ (content over CAT5e/6 cable)
- Full 3D compatibility with DLP® Link™ and HDMI 1.4 interface
- Flexible mounting positioning – 360 degrees in any axis for ease of installation
- Network connectivity for remote projector management – control and status. Ready for integration and system administration via RJ45
- Eight interchangeable lens options for flexible installation and optimized brightness
- Sealed optical engine and filter-less design improves performance with minimal service maintenance
- Choose the color to best fit your environment, with black and white cabinet colors available
- Instant On/Off