Edison Educational Robot Kit – Set Of 20 Edison Robots With An Edison Expansion Construction Kit
Now more than ever, STEM education is high priority, as high-paying jobs in STEM fields are growing, with an inadequate pipeline of American students to fill them.
Much of the effort to institute this is aimed towards middle and high schools, but research shows that introducing STEM early plays a key role in cognitive development and capabilities in these subjects later in life.
Much of math and science instruction in schools is abstract and theoretical, and half the job of a teacher is to engage kids in learning these abstract and complex STEM subjects.
This Is Where Edison Robot Presented By HamiltonBuhl Comes In.
For kids, robots are the stuff of the future and science fiction, they are drawn to them. Unlike memorizing textbooks and regurgitating information, kids are instantly engaged and actually want to learn and experiment with robots. And best of all, they’re not just learning about robotics, they are learning engineering, math, programming and general science concepts such as sensors.
Named to reflect an “inventive spirit,” Edison Robot is the result of a genuine passion for innovation and a vision to make electronics, engineering, robotics and programming accessible to as many people as possible.
These LEGO® compatible educational robots are clean, safe, reusable, expandable and robust, providing students Across All Grade Levels, from ages 5+, with a range of combinations, and possibilities.
Along Edison’s face are Lego-compatible plates that work with either Legos or the included Edison Expansion Construction Kit and allows the Edison robots to be scaled up into sophisticated creations, or even combined and doubled up for a more complicated system.
Each Edison robot features a host of sensors and can be programmed using a growing number of FREE software applications:
- EdBlocks – a fully graphical robot programming language for the Edison robot that is super easy to use. A drag-and-drop block-based system, EdBlocks is intuitive and fun, even for younger users. Perfect for introducing anyone to programming, EdBlocks is ideal for students aged 8 to 12 years old.
- EdScratch – a hybrid graphic robot programming software for the Edison Robot, combines drag-and-drop graphical icons with increased functionaity from text-based entry. (similar to Scratch and other graphical drag-and-drop programming languages) – making programming fun and easy to learn!
- EdPy – the easy to learn, high readability and very popular Python programming language. EdPy teaches a real life programming language and makes text-based programming fun and easy!
Each programmable Edison robot interacts with the world via infra-red (IR) transmitters and receivers, line tracking, barcode reading, playing sounds and music, plus sound detection. It’s also equipped with two motors with variable speeds, left and right red LED lights and three control buttons.
One Edison can communicate with another over IR, with the units also able to be programmed by and controlled with TV and DVD remotes.
Each bot is powered by a set of AAA batteries.
These LEGO® compatible robots are designed to provide learners with an opportunity to experiment and grow their knowledge, explore their imagination, cultivate their innovativeness and have fun without expensive tools and excessive investment.
- Affordable and available in single or value-packs for a full class set
- Programmable – Multiple FREE programming languages, graphical and text based
- LEGO® compatible – Modular and easily expandable
- Easy to use – With many pre-programmed functions activated by included barcode cards
- Remote control – Learns commands from TV/DVD remote controls
- Suitable for all ages – From K-12 Grades
- Built to last – rugged and tough, can withstand a car driving over it and still function!
- Simple download from any device with EdComm cable
- 10 FREE Educational robotics lesson plans
- Twenty (20) Edison Robot Kits
- (1) Edison Expansion Construction Kit (EDIBOT-C)
- 115 additional components
- Loader bucket
- Create five EdBuild Projects
- Suitable For All Ages – Across All Grade Levels – From K-12 Grades
- Each Edison Robot Comes With:
- Robot sensors
- Left and right infrared obstacle detection – Navigate through a maze and avoid collisions
- Left and right light sensors – Follow a torch/flash light or find a dark corner
- Clap detector – Sense load sounds such as claps to control driving
- Line tracking sensor – follow lines and stay within borders
- Light, Sound and Action
- Left and right red LED lights – Flash the LED lights to add a cool look
- Buzzer – Gives sound feedback and can play musical notes
- Two motors with encoders – Drive Edison or use LEGO cross axles to power a new invention
- Robot Communications
- Infrared receiver – Remote control from a standard TV/DVD remote control
- Infrared LEDs – Transmit messages and control commands to another Edison robot
- Infrared receiver – Receive messages and control commands from another Edison robot
- Multi-functional Line Tracking Sensor
- Edison’s line tracking sensor has three functions:
- Detect lines – Contrast between black and white surfaces
- Read barcodes that activate pre-programmed functions
- Receive the programming signal from EdWare via the EdComm cable
- Works with Lego® Bricks
- Programmable Barcode Card Pack
- Each Edison robot requires 4 AAA batteries (included)
CAUTION: Possible Chocking Hazard – small parts. Not for children under 3 years old.
||6.7 lbs. QTY: 1